For the recent AIYS panel at MESA, I put together a list of recent resources on the conflict in Yemen. Here it is…
• Brandt, Marieke (2017) Tribes and Politics in Yemen: A History of the Houthi Conflict. London: Hurst.
• Heinze, Marie-Christine (2018) Yemen and the Search for Stability: Power, Politics and Society after the Arab Spring. London: I. B. Tauris.
• Hill, Ginny (2017) Yemen Endures: Civil War, Saudi Adventurism and the Future of Arabia. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
• Lackner, Helen (2018) Yemen in Crisis: Autocracy, Neo-Liberalism and the Disintegration of a State. London: Saqi Books.
• Lackner, Helen and Daniel Martin Varisco (2017) Yemen and the Gulf States: The Making of a Crisis. Berlin: Gerlach.
• Robinson, Eric et al. (2017) What Factors Cause Individuals to Reject Violent Extremism in Yemen? Santa Monica: Rand Corporation.
• Farrukh, Maher (October 30, 2017) Yemen Crisis Situation Report. CriticalThreats.org: https://www.criticalthreats.org/briefs/yemen-situation-report/2017-yemen-crisis-situation-report-october-30
• Karasik, Theodore and Giorgio Cafiero (October 25, 2017) Yemen’s Humanitarian Disaster: Halting the Famine Threat. Middle East Institute: http://www.mei.edu/content/yemen-s-humanitarian-disaster-halting-famine-threat
• Kendall, Elisabeth (October, 2017) Iran’s Fingerprints in Yemen: Real or Imagined? Atlantic Council, http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/publications/issue-briefs/iran-s-fingerprints-in-yemen-real-or-imagined
• Nasser, Afrah, (September 21, 2017) The Unfolding UN Failure in the Yemen War. Atlantic Council, MENA Source: http://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/menasource/the-unfolding-un-failure-in-the-yemen-war
• Salisbury, Peter, (December 15, 2017) Yemen’s Ali Mohsen al-Ahmar: Last Sanhan Standing: http://www.agsiw.org/yemens-ali-mohsen-al-ahmar-last-sanhan-standing/