Here is a training program that young Yemenis (ages 20-32) can apply to from the Swedish Institute. For details on the program and its application procedure, go to https://eng.si.se/areas-of-operation/leadership-programmes-and-cultural-exchange/young-leaders-visitors-programme/.
Below is the announcement for the program
The Swedish Institute’s Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is an intercultural leadership programme that aims to lay a foundation for dialogue and knowledge sharing among young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
The YLVP is designed to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts. The participants are visionaries who are in a position to make a difference. They are young, open-minded leaders in Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza*, Yemen and Sweden who are actively working for democracy and human rights within the spheres of society, culture, politics and media.
During and after the programme the participants will be part of an active network that will boost creativity and support their personal and professional development, while also laying the platform for a more connected future. Since the launch of the YLVP in 2008, the programme alumni network has grown to comprise 200 young leaders.
Who can apply to YLVP?
To apply to Young Leaders Visitors Programme you have to:
- Be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, journalists, bloggers, activists, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues).
- Work actively for democracy and human rights.
- Be between 20-32 years old (at the time of the start of the programme).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- A citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza*, Yemen or Sweden