AIYS is pleased to announce that we were able to give out research fellowships to Yemeni scholars this year, despite the difficult situation in Yemen. On June 21 they came to the institute to meet with Dr. Salwa Dammaj. Those who received the fellowships are:
1. Zeineb Suhill – Natural Disasters that affected Sana’a in the nineteenth and twentieth century.
2. Libya Abdalla – Slaves and slavery in ancient writings of Yemen.
3. Muhammed Abdel Wakeel Jazm – Pioneering Poets in Yemen..
4. Aziza Tajadden – Micropropagation of Adansonia digitata by plant tissue culture techniques
5. Fawziah al-Ammar – Adaption of survey for assessing PTSD in children and use in study of children in Sana’a. .
6. Thana Shuga al Deen – Assessment of heavy metal contamination in agriculture soils using X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy (XRF)
7. Zainab Alansse – Phytochemical and biological activity of Euphorbia arbuscula and its stem latex.
8. سبأ العديني Saba al Udaini –Impact of foreign interventions on the domestic crises in Yemen 2004-201